Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

BiteSMS vs iRealSMS

If you're like me you probably can't figure out why Apple does not include contact photos in the SMS app, or in the Phone and Contact apps. I've grown accustomed to browsing through my SMS's, and Favorite contacts via the photo on my Palm Pre and Android phones. Luckily, if you jailbreak your iPhone you can get these features pretty easily.
I looked at two popular SMS apps, BiteSMS , and iRealSMS . You can Google them for their features. I installed both apps after reading varying reviews. Some people prefer BiteSMS and some prefer iRealSMS. I found iRealSMS has loads of features and seems more polished, but Iended up using BiteSMS for one simple reason. It's MUCH faster. iRealSMS takes a long time to load and that fact alone is a deal breaker for me.
With BiteSMS you don't even really know you're using another app. Your contact photos simply show up in the list of conversations, AND they even include a contact photo in the top of the conversation itself. I paid$8.95 for the app and I'm happy with my decision. Check it out in the Cydia store.
If you're looking for contact photos in your Phone and Contacts app, search Cydia for iPicMyContacts. It's a small app that does wonders foryour Favorite Contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment